Saturday, December 23, 2017

My 2017 in Review

The highlights of my year: finishing my schooling (graduate certificate in Disability Studies at University of Missouri-Kansas City, co-teaching Disability History and Culture to UMKC's Propel students for post-secondary students with disabilities, spending nearly every day of the last six months illustrating my graphic novel, and starting to illustrate to others, finishing one of my short stories that I plan to find a literary magazine for, making my new key bowls from old receipts, and going to the Autism Society-The Heartland's AWARE Game Nights 18+ for Adults with Autism. Also continuing my long, cherished friendships, and meeting new friends, working at my second job and making money, making more progress on my novels and stories, progressing through in and finishing reading many of my books, and finishing new watercolor drawings in my art class. Also I might be finding new work next year that I am still looking into. My New Year's Resolution: I just cannot think of any at the moment. Staying strong, thinking of the people who mean most to me, and living my life every minute, pleasant and unpleasant.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the new work goes well, Ben.

    It's a life lived every minute pleasant and unpleasant.

    There are lots of literary magazines.

    And the key bowls! Make keys easier to find, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Adelaide. I hope you have a happy New Year.

      Ben

      Delete